Information on Mitt Romney
1) The best way to tell who a candidate is really working for is by looking at his top campaign contributors. Mitt Romney’s biggest campaign contributor, like Obama, is Goldman Sachs, followed by Bank of America and then Morgan Stanley – http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?id=N00000286
2) This a man when asked if he would need to go to Congress to take military action against Irans nuclear facilities answered “you need to talk to your lawyers” “were gonna let the lawyers sort it out.” WRONG. You are supposed to get a war declaration from congress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCu3YwyUqk
3) ROMNEY SUPPORTS:
- NDAA (the government can indefinitely detain you without any evidence) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZoPnYjx0g
- Patriot Act – The government no longer needs to have a judge show probable cause or obtain a warrant to look at all of your personal records (including medical). They can also spy on your phone calls and internet activity whenever they feel like it – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaXfwuGmxg
Infact, he supports the further expansion of the PATRIOT Act’s already extensive surveillance powers, saying “we need tools when war is waged domestically.http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/22/se.06.html
- Guantanemo Bay – May 2007 he wants to “double Guantanamo,” expanding indefinite detention without trial
- The use of TORTURE, or as they refer to it as “enhanced interrogation techniques” – This is illegal under U.S. law – http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/opinion/the-torture-candidates.html
- Opposes same sex marriage – http://www.npr.org/2011/12/12/143590615/romney-stance-on-gay-rights-issues-its-complicated
- Government funded religion – in 2006, he created a faith-based initiative to help religious charities win federal money and provided funding to religious organizations to perform secular social services as Governor of Massachusetts – http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/03/20/mass_loses_ground_in_faith_based_funding/?page=full
- Opposed construction of Park51, an Islamic community center with a prayer room in downtown Manhattan, because “extremists [could] use the mosque for global recruiting and propaganda.” – http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0810/2012ers_on_the_mosque.html?showall
- Religious Discrimination – Initially opposed but then supported allowing any employer or any insurer to discriminate and deny insurance coverage for a broad range of health care services – including but not limited to contraception – based on the CEO’s own religious or moral beliefs. – http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/02/29/147675464/romney-says-he-opposes-contraceptive-bill-but-his-campaign-says-otherwise
- DRONES – start at 2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLS7EWoiWw0
17/24 of Romneys foreign policy advisers are the SAME as Bush/Cheney – http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/rachel-maddow-reminds-us-again-what-romney
Information on Barack Obama
- Obama re-newed the Patriot Act, a bill which destroys the 4th amendment. The government no longer needs to have a judge show probable cause or obtain a warrant to look at all of your personal records (including medical). They can also spy on your phone calls and internet activity whenever they feel like it – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqXmQYHV-1I
- On new year’s eve, President Obama signed the Indefinite Detention Bill (NDAA), a horrendous piece of legislature which gives the president limitless power to single-handedly imprison American citizens indefinitely without a shred of evidence or a trial (goodbye 5th amendment) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceobsac7LE8
- But don’t worry, this is only for the “terrorists” – is someone a terrorist now simply because our government accuses them of being one? What happened to “innocent until proven guilty?” This is what has made this country so special and unique. These bills take away our bill of rights and shreds the constitution.
- Obama now has a ‘kill list’ of “suspects” and he is killing people on this list! This is against the law. No president or any single person has the authority, under our constitution, to decide whom to kill. This country is supposed to be a free republic, with rule and law, not a dictatorship – start at 1:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceobsac7LE8
- Obama has also rejected the most basic premise of American law; that the supreme court has the rights to review what the president and congress does and nullify it. He has stated that he will “continue with or without congress.”
These are all facts which can be easily verified:
• Waged war on Libya without congressional approval
• Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
• Escalated the proxy war in Somalia as well as the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
• Still maintains a presence in Iraq even after he send he was “ending” the war
• Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan, adding an extra 30,000+ troops.
• Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries
• Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia
• Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia
• Opened a military base in Chile
• American troops now fight in nearly a dozen other countries Bush never invaded.
Our Civil Liberties Are Being Taken Away From Us:
• Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports (no more “innocent until proven guilty”).
• Department of Homeland Security now actively monitors social networks such as Twitter and Facebook to uncover “Items of Interest,” or IOI.
• HR 347 – makes it illegal to protest federal officials “visiting any facility” who have Secret Service protection.
• Executive Order 13603 – government can take over everything
• NDAA, Patriot Act, Drones flying over the US
Obama pledged in 2009 to “cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office.” The Public Debt of the United States when Obama started office (Jan 2009) was about $9.8 Trillion. As of today, it is just over $16 Trillion. From the moment each new child is born in the US, they now owe $50,000 to the federal government.
Making war without Congress approval (“We can’t wait for Congress to act” ) , snooping on private communications without a warrant, killing American citizens without due process, denying citizens the right to protest (remember when Hillary screeched that “protest is patriotic”?), this president has taken the imperial presidency to new lows.
OBAMA AND ROMNEY ARE THE SAME ON ALL THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES
- Neither candidate is interested in stopping the use of the death penalty for federal or state crimes.
- Neither candidate is interested in eliminating or reducing the 5,113 US nuclear warheads.
- Neither candidate is campaigning to close Guantanamo prison.
- Neither candidate has called for arresting and prosecuting high ranking people on Wall Street for the subprime mortgage catastrophe.
- Neither candidate is interested in holding anyone in the Bush administration accountable for the torture committed by US personnel against prisoners in Guantanamo or in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Neither candidate is interested in stopping the use of drones to assassinate people in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen or Somalia.
- Neither candidate is against warrant-less surveillance, indefinite detention, or racial profiling in fighting “terrorism.’
- Neither candidate was interested in arresting Osama bin Laden and having him tried in court.
- Neither candidate will declare they refuse to bomb Iran.
- Neither candidate is refusing to take huge campaign contributions from people and organizations.
- Neither candidate is talking about the over 2 million people in jails and prisons in the US.
- Neither candidate has proposed to end the war on drugs or legalize marijuana
The presidents job is NOT to create jobs or fix the economy. Their job is to provide lower taxes and regulations, protect our liberties and GET OUT OF THE WAY. Without a proper diagnosis of the disease, a cure is impossible. It has been the policy of the U.S. government, in combination with the Federal Reserve, to finance debt and deficits by the creation of money, pyramiding debt, and dumping the cost on the taxpayer. Neither Romney or Obama will change that.
They both believe in the coercive transfers of wealth, the idea that one is “entitled” to the private property of someone else. They both wont change the fact that health care has been an 80% government run service since the mid 1960s, and for a hundred years the federal government has intervened in the health care market, leading to distortions in prices, rise in costs, decreased access, corporatism, and insurance companies seeking influence in Washington rather than competing in the marketplace. The role of government in a free society is to protect the liberty of every individual. It is not to police the world or “to keep Americans safe.” It is not to run a welfare state, impose mandates, transfer wealth, or subsidize certain industries over others. They are BOTH the problem, not the solution.
You are NOT throwing your vote away when you vote for someone you actually mostly agree with! Voting for the “lesser of 2 evils” is still a vote for evil. With this mentality, nothing will change – these candidates receive tens of MILLIONS of votes because of this mentality and is the primary reason why we are in such trouble in this country – SO MANY PEOPLE DO THIS. If you dont like either of them, simply dont vote! Please vote your conscious tomorrow.
Don’t believe the false dichotomy of the left-right paradigm. The “parties” are nothing more than a sideshow, an artificial, fabricated construct to give the illusion that the American people pick our presidents, instead of the banks and corporations that they serve.
Republicans and Democrats:
-SAME FIAT CURRENCY-
-SAME BANKING CARTEL OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE-
-SAME INTERVENTIONIST FOREIGN POLICY-
-SAME THEFT AND EXTORTION THROUGH TAXATION-
-SAME SILENT THIEF OF INFLATION-
-SAME DESTRUCTION OF OUR CURRENCY AND CIVIL LIBERTIES-
Watch this video to learn about the illusion of choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ipvgmADzPY0
Which Pill Will You Choose?
Red Pill – fear and survival
Blue Pill – community, safety and logic
I believe in a society based on VOLUNTARY mutual consent and am therefore not voting for EITHER of these 2 candidates. Yes, there are other people running besides Obama and Romney.